Since Asher will be born in the year of the snake, we had to have a proper celebration. I have to admit that I'm disappointed he'll miss being a dragon baby by just over a week. If he's not as successful in life as we think he should be, we'll know why. :)
The girls were THRILLED to get new undies and $1 in their hongbao envelopes. I will miss this season when they are young and so easy to please. But maybe when they are older they will sleep in later and then there will be enough light outside to get decent pictures.
We had a snowy first day of the lunar new year. The girls were excited to dress up for church.
A few simple crafts
One of the highlights of the day was a short visit from some friends who brought hongbao for the girls and pan-fried wontons from their Chinese restaurant. The wontons were so good!

We had some over for dinner and it was really fun to celebrate with them. They brought yummy red velvet cupcakes and snake mud pie for dessert.
I found pomelos at the grocery store and had to get them for our Singapore friends. Mandarin oranges are also a traditional gift/treat so we stocked up on those as well.

We hope the year of Snake is prosperous and finds you all well and happy!






I love your backsplash! Very beautiful. I also like the picture of your girls with the snow in the background. Snow makes crazy beautiful pictures.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Year of the dragon sounds cool, but this snake is looking pretty good itself. Love the pictures, as usual. The girls are growing way too fast. They are so adorable.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Way to celebrate the YEAR OF THE SNAKE all the way in America. You sure did an amazing Cheryl-perfect (as I like to say) job on the occasion. I'm so excited to meet Asher!!!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite photo is of Samara and Lizzie in all their Cheongsam sweetness in the SNOW!!! Just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWow again! Hope I continue to celebrate Chinese New year like you even when we move. I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteHaha! You crack me up! With parents as great as you and Ben, I'm sure Asher will be totally successful! :)
ReplyDeleteI looked for pomelos since you found some and they were in my store too! Do you think they have always been there, we just never knew to look for them pre-Singapore?
ReplyDeleteLook at what I found out about the year of the snake...It sounds like he will do just fine! :)
Strengths
They often have a good temper and a skill at communicating but say little. They possess gracious morality and great wisdom. They are usually financially secure and do not have to worry about money. They have tremendous sympathy for others and would like to take actions to help ther fellow human beings. They are determined to accomplished their goals hate to fail. Although they look calm on the surface, they are intense and passionate. They have a rich source of inspiration and understand themselves well. They are people of great perception.