Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Shower a Belly Full of Baby

All our kids have been born in a different place.  I've been blessed with each pregnancy/birth to be supported by thoughtful, wonderful, and generous friends and family.  My friends recently threw a shower for baby Asher and me and it was perfect! 

 The food was delicious and the decorations were darling.

I loved visiting with everyone.  I am so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life and for their support, advice, and examples!

If you were to ask me what adjustment I am most worried about after the baby arrives, it would be the loss of my belly.  I'm sure that sounds so odd!  Don't get me wrong.  I am very much looking forward to holding the baby in my arms and being done with the incubation period.
However, Lizzie is OBSESSED with my belly.  She has been ever since I weaned her.  Her fascination has grown right along with my belly.  My belly provides endless hours of entertainment for her.  She talks to it, drives her car on it, and snuggles it.  She 'doctors' it with toilet paper and bandaids.  Since I most often just wear a hoodie and fall asleep after sitting for more than a few minutes, I'll later find very random things inside my hoodie.  One day she put one of those little circle banaids over my belly button.  I didn't notice until the next morning when I was rubbing my stomach.  It scared the daylights out of me.  I thought my belly button had sealed closed!

She sings to it, "holy night and sleep tight and lullaby.  I love you belly."

When she expresses love it goes something like this, "I love you daddy!  I love you jei-jei.  And I love YOU belly."  If we are going somewhere she'll ask, "Can I come?  And can your belly come with us?"

I really don't love having my pictures taken, but I'm glad I did.  Jeanne always does a great job and it helps that I feel super comfortable with her.

Some of the funny things I want to remember Lizzie saying:
"Your belly is my best friend."  
"Your belly is my little pet."

"I want to wish your belly a Merry Christmas!"
"Your belly is amazing!"

"You have a sweet little belly, mama."
She thinks the mole below my belly button is "your baby son" and that you can drink "belly water" from my belly button.


Pictures.  Check.  Blue toenails.  Check.  Hospital bag packed.  Check.  Baby clothes washed and baby bed set up. Check.  Regular contractions since 1 AM.  Check.  Headed to a doctor's appointment now and one way or another this baby better be born by tomorrow morning!!

8 comments:

  1. hoooooray!!! you look awesome cheryl! can't wait to see that babe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great! I hope everything goes smoothly with Mr. Asher! GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I had to miss your baby shower...looks like you had a wonderful time. Also, your pictures are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that spot with the sun and the tree! I'm so glad you got pictures too...and that you shared them! Hooray for blue toenails, one of my favorites. And that blue shirt and that dress are both so beautiful on you...too bad it won't fit soon! :)

    I keep staring at that picture of Lizzie with your belly. Could she be any cuter? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, Cheryl. I bet Lizzie will love baby Asher as much as she loved your belly! Let's hope! Your pictures are amazing. I hope the delivery is a wonderful experience for you & can't wait to see your little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute and I heard he was BORN! Hooray! Congrats from everyone in Singapore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue toenails! How fun! I love every single little story of Lizzie's love affair with THE BELLY! I can only imagine how special the bond has been...Love you FIVE so much! I love this celebration before baby arrives post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great day. And you are so gorgeous pregnant! (and not pregnant!) Its fun to see familiar faces in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete