We got up to the lights and my camera battery was dead. :( It used to shut off (go to sleep like a computer) when turned "on" but I realized after going to use it a handful of times and having a dead battery that it doesn't do that anymore. Sometimes though it is just nice to enjoy the atmosphere without worrying about photos.
We got there right as they turned on the lights. I have always loved the Temple Square lights and think they are magical. I love the nativity they do as well. The 1st Presidency Devotional was taking place while we were there so it wasn't crowded or cold--bonus! Ben left the next day for a conference in Austria so it was just nice to spend the evening all together.
But can I just say first that phone pictures make me cringe and then remember how lovely the evening was?!
Image found here
Afterwards, Ben took the girls home to bed and I attended my friend's daughter's concert at the Cathedral of the Madeline. She is in the SLC Children's Choir. The venue was stunning and the sound magnificent. The children sounded like angels. I'm so glad I was able to attend.



Time to buy a Nikon! haha ;)
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have gone with you to both of these events!
Thank you so much for coming to the concert. You are so sweet! And you are right about not having a camera and being able to just enjoy the atmosphere. Depending on the situation, I am secretly relieved when I find myself with nothing more than my phone to take pics with. :)
ReplyDeleteI was in the salt lake children's choir!! They are still wearing the same uniform, I see :)
ReplyDeletePhone photos are better than NO photos!!! Great post, so festive and it's always nice to see Ben in there with you all...I hardly have any Mateo photos for Christmas...I need to remember to put him in the photos. actually, I need to remember to GET in the photos too! You do such an amazing job with family photos Cheryl...
ReplyDelete