Friday, December 14, 2012

December 3rd: Banana Splits and Bells

Samara's homework this week was about words that end in "it".  She had to make a banana split out of paper and write a recipe.  It seemed like a perfect excuse to have banana splits for family home evening, which are basically our excuse to make a treat on Monday nights. wink. wink.

Afterwards, Samara and I headed to a handbell concert at the library.
When we picked Samara up from school one day last week, she was so sad that Lizzie and I had been at the library (we'd been to story time) without her.  She requested a mommy date at the library, so when I saw they were having a Handbell concert, it seemed like the perfect outing.
Here are some videos from their site.  The concert was unique, free,  and geared towards kids.  They even let kids participate and had sing-a-long songs.  I'd definitely recommend it!   

3 comments:

  1. I love these black and whites with the bowl & wink wink treat in color! So cool! :) Do you really need an excuse for a treat at FHE? I thought that was in the handbook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics!! And I have to admit one of the things that makes me smile most about this post is seeing those colored IKEA kids bowls. I know IKEA is Swedish but those bowls scream Asia to me!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handbell concert sounds lovely...you know I would love to be going along with you to all these awesome kiddie activities...we will...though I'm thinking b/c we like to be home for the holidays like you mention in the other post about having your own space...but your HALLOWEEN posts are tempting to come to Utah for. I just realized the girls are b&w and the yummy banana splits are colored!!!! Cool. Do you think Lizzie and Samara will have enough great photos to choose from for their wedding videos? :-)

    ReplyDelete