Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 18th: Music

I am one of those people who listen solely to Christmas music from Thanksgiving to New Year's.  I always have been.  Even in high school, I'd tune into an AM station called 1400 K-Star because they played non-stop Christmas music.  I think I drove my friends crazy. 

Photo found here
My mom had an old yellow boat err cadillac similar to the one in the picture above.  But my mom's was even longer.  When she finally sold the car it was to a nice young gentleman, who had big plans to low ride it.  We loved driving it around and would go on triple dates in it.  One couple in the front seat, one in the back seat, and one in the trunk (it was that roomy)!

One snowy Christmas evening my mom sent me and two friends out to do some Christmas deliveries for her.  We came to a yellow light and I was afraid to brake suddenly because of the slippery roads so I went through it.  The light was red when I got through the intersection and a policeman pulled me over.  My explanation:  I didn't want to suddenly brake because of the snowy roads.  Even though I was legal going through the light (remember it was yellow at the beginning of the intersection), it had turned red by the time I reached the end of the intersection because of the length of the car.  He peered in at the three of us, who were all sitting in the front bucket seat, heard the music blaring from K-star and got a smile on his face.   Not sure if it was the music or my awesome explanation but I got off with only a warning.

I was in spanish immersion growing up and very fondly remember singing for the school and at the mall every Christmas.  My spanish is really rusty but I still remember most of the Christmas songs in spanish.


Be warned...video is so not my forte

Samara was so darn cute in her school's little music performance.  I've meant to ask her what she was trying to tell her friend. :)  May her cheeks never not be round and kissable! 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the boat err cadillac. I sure wish I had pics of some of our old cars. What a fun story! And cute video of Samara. I love the xmas programs. Jack's was adorable as well but sadly, my video isn't even as good as yours. Camera issues led to blurry video. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas memory! Awaiting video to play for me, I'm sure it's adorable as can be - b/c it's SAMARA after all!

    ReplyDelete