I talked Ben into watching It's a Wonderful Life today. It wasn't a hard sell since he had a crush on Donna Reed when he was a boy. Who can blame him?! She is lovely. We haven't watched it for a few years and so new things stuck out to me like the cops Bert and Ernie. I wonder if that is where Sesame Street got the names for their characters.
It's amazing to think the effect one life has on the world!
What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?
Once the show started, I remembered that I needed to finish cutting out and assembling the Nutcracker puppet show. And how convenient that Ben was right there available to help me poke those little brads in.
I bought the PDF download from Sarah Jane Studios. She has other puppets shows and her designs are so whimsical and charming. She has a link for the Sandy Hook School Support Fund on her site and when you donate, she'll send you a link for a downloadable card. I really liked the thoughts she shared too.
Once the show started, I remembered that I needed to finish cutting out and assembling the Nutcracker puppet show. And how convenient that Ben was right there available to help me poke those little brads in.
The girls have really enjoyed it playing with it but the assembly was beyond their motor skills. Really it was beyond ours too but we got it all done. If you have an older daughter you need to occupy over the break, I'd definitely recommend having her put one of these together. :)



I've never seen this movie, but a lot of my friends kept posting in Dec about it, so it's on my list! Thank you for sharing the nutcracker craft with us, Ella loved it.
ReplyDelete