My friend Denise showed me some cute strawberry santas back in November and I knew I'd have to make them sometime this month. They are simple and healthier than other treats. I think the instructions call for cream cheese. I didn't have any on hand so I whipped heavy cream really stiff and that worked just fine. We were having cousins over Saturday morning so it seemed like the perfect time to make them.
They all enjoyed making them and LOVED eating the finished product.
That afternoon we headed to my favorite furniture and decor store because it was the last Saturday their Santa was going to be there.
He may seem angry at Samara for laughing, but he's a pretty decent Santa. Even the mall Santa is legit--he sports a real beard and all.
But you can't beat this sleigh, the atmosphere, and the fact that they email you the pictures for free. How awesome is that?!
Lizzie was excited to go see him until we got there. I'm not one to force a kid to sit with a strange man for candy. But Lizzie, darling, you gotta tell me if I need to be in the picture so I can at least get dressed for the day. Good thing I wore the festive red fleece pants--I rotate between these, a brown pair, and a blue pair because nothing else is comfortable.
They also have cookies and wassail to enjoy.
The wassail was delicious so I had to pick up a few packets of the mulling spices.
We loved all the displays and the candy canes.
I've visited this store every Christmas (that I've lived here) since I was a teenager. My sister would often get my gift here. I still love to pick out a new ornament every year. They are very reasonably priced so it satisfies my desire to want to have everything in the store. The barstool I asked about was $985--not quite in the budget.
Ho! Ho! Ho! from our Santa to yours!














The expressions in the cousins photos are priceless! They reminded me of the big magnets you can get where you move the frame around to portray your mood... Hungry, Shocked, Sleepy, Happy, Stumped, Messy, Thoughtful... I'll let you pick which one goes with which cousin! And yes, I DEFINITELY want to go to this store!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you made those Santas. Of course I completely forgot about them since I try to avoid any and all things crafty. You are a good mom to do those things with your kids. :)
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite December posts of yours!!! Santa and strawberries - wonderful. I agree w/ Debbie, the cousins photo is the BEST!
ReplyDeleteI love Lizzie's crinkled nose smile so much ... and the girls with Santa pix are precious as can be.
ReplyDelete