Sunday, September 4, 2011

Grandpa Cal

One of the perks of marrying Ben was inheriting 4 wonderful grandparents.  All my grandparents passed away by the time I was 10.  I've really appreciated having his grandparents in my life.  Ben's maternal grandpa passed away and his sweet grandma married Cal 17 years ago.  Grandpa Cal recently passed away.  We first visited this set of grandparents when we were dating and just before we got engaged.  I overheard him telling Ben that I was "the one".  We visited them several times a year when we lived in UT before.  Grandpa Cal was always very good to me and treated me just like one of his own.  Together he and Ben's grandma have 88 grandchildren, 133 great-grandchildren, and 7 great-grandchildren.  Each grandchild, grandchild's spouse, and great-grandchild gets a call and a card on his/her birthday.   I think that is amazing and so impressive.
 Cal served in the Marines.  His funeral was very neat and I'm grateful we were able to be here for it.

Ben's lovely Grandma Helen, who Elizabeth Helen was named after.  We hope Lizzie inherits her goodness. 

We also got to see Grandpa Bikman, which is always a treat!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously love the flag picture (top).

    And the one with Ben, the girls and his grandma.

    What an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to your family...someday your girls will adore having photos like this.

    ReplyDelete