Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Trip to India and a Campout

When Samara was an only child and I'd see kids fighting with their siblings, I'd think to myself, "when I have two kids, they are never going to fight."  Ha ha!  That was funny and so naive of me.  Sometimes they drive each other crazy but other times they get along swimmingly and nothing makes me happier than that.  I think 'playing nice' with your siblings is one of the best presents you can give your parents.

When we are in the car, Lizzie will often call out, "hand, jei jei.  HAND!"

 It's so fun to see their imaginations develop.   One day they were exotic Indian princesses and we went on a little journey to the other side of the world.  
It may not be quite as exciting as an actual trip but the lack of jet lag definitely makes up for that.

 They love to pack up and go on campouts.  
We take only the essentials.

 
Lizzie is not always a fan of pictures.

 But if you say the right things, you'll get a smile that melts your heart.

Samara is always ready for a picture.

Then we go to the landing, where we can make it really dark, tell spooky stories, and 'sleep'.  

I am so loving this season of having a 5 and 2 year old.  Samara is learning to read and write and Lizzie is learning to talk--such amazing processes that their bright little minds are figuring out.

4 comments:

  1. Awww! What a life to be able to go from Indian princesses to a camp out with spooky stories! Once again, I love all you pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a fun mom to do these activities with your kids. I need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kids and their imagination....it is PURE magic....I love that you captured the girls are play. We spend so much time taking photos on vacation that sometimes I forget the daily things in life...thanks for the reminder. Look at Lizzie and her smile! I love that Samara is always ready for a photo....and I agree...kids getting along is the BEST thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention how impressive it looks with Samara's backpack that is as big as she is! I realize it may be stuffed with light items but...still impressive! :)

    Remind me to tell you someday about a mountain climbing hike with very large backpacks filled with helium balloons...

    ReplyDelete