For way too long life felt like this picture--stuck between two seasons. Even if both are lovely seasons to be stuck between not feeling settled is frankly unsettling.
Life finally feels stable. Sure the boxes in the basement that I vowed would be cleared out by summer, are still there and the pantry isn't organized/stocked. They probably won't be for a while and I'm ok with that. But day-to-day life no longer feels like I'm living out of suitcases or am on a treadmill. I never imagined it would take so long to settle in but it has and has been a learning experience. I finally feel content with where we are and happy to be living here. The jet lag is gone at last. Now, that's not to say I don't miss the adventures and am not looking forward to a sabbatical abroad someday. But for now I'm glad to stay put and am very grateful for our home, car, being near family and friends and for this particular season we are in.
Photo found here.
I hope Thanksgiving finds you grateful for whatever season you find yourself in--a lesson that I am find I have to learn and re-learn. :)
Photo found here.
I hope Thanksgiving finds you grateful for whatever season you find yourself in--a lesson that I am find I have to learn and re-learn. :)


I feel ya, sister! It took me probably a year or more to finally feel settled which is WAY longer than I expected it to take. So glad that you are enjoying Utah. Hope you guys stay warm and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad you are here!!
ReplyDeleteFirst photo - stuck between seasons - is perfect! It's a good way to describe it. A SETTLED feeling in a family is a true blessing! I am so glad you feel this way. Even though we always miss you here...I am so glad you are loving your beautiful life there.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful photo and explanation! Missing your cute fam...
ReplyDeleteI love this post too and the photos! I think it takes a year to feel settled...longer if you're building or remodeling a house ;)
ReplyDelete