Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snow

Miss Samara got to attend the Snow Queen Ballet a couple weeks ago with her cousin.  They lucked out and got second row seats and were the first ones to meet all the dancers afterwards.  She had a great time!

We had to to get a few photos, of course.  Here she is explaining to Lizzie that it's in her best interest to cooperate and just get the picture over with.

 Ah!  So sweet.  Gotta love that Lizzie at 18 months is wearing a size 3-6 month coat.  I think you need a graduate degree to decipher how all the different brands figure their sizes!

We haven't had much snow so when it snowed one Sunday a few weeks ago, I jumped on the chance to get pictures in their Christmas dresses.  I'm a wee bit behind on everything....but we are getting there.

L: What is this stuff?  Pollution?  Ashes from the fires in Malaysia? I'm cold!
(We really did have smog come our way from the agriculture burning there.  I don't miss that but I do miss being 10 miles from another country.)

S: It's snow!  Smile, you silly.  She has mini eggs in the pantry.

Keep smiling.  It's a family size bag!

 Now do your serious angel look.  Good.  I can almost taste them.

Say, "mini eggs!"
Denise, thanks for the darling dress!  She refused to wear her original Christmas dress because it was only black and not different colors or pretty like Lizzie's.  We compromised with this one.  Your dress saved the day and now I have pictures of them in their Christmas dresses.  :)

Speaking of mini eggs....we were walking home from the grocery store today.   We opened a bag and the part of the wrapper we ripped off fell on the ground.  Samara promptly picked it up and said, "Mom, I'm going to put this in my journal." I have taught her so well. 

9 comments:

  1. So cute! In glad she liked the dress. I always loved it on Annie and now seeing S in it makes me a little sad that Annie has grown up so much from when she wore that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I love any and all reference to cadbury! :) That post was hilarious!

    It never occurred to me that when you have kids you'd have to share your mini eggs...hhhmmmmm...

    As usual, I LOVE the photos! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love these photos! you are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost 80 degrees here today (in FEBRUARY-- a little reminiscent of Singapore). Wishing we had some snow to take pictures in...but maybe only for a week or so and then we're good.

    Your girls are so cute! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I'm impressed. as usual. Those flakes coming down are magical.
    I just bought some mini eggs this morning at Cold Storage. I couldn't help myself. and I won't complain about the price to you because I know you know : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too bought some mini eggs last week at Cold Storage! Mmmmmmm.... Love, love, LOVE the top pic of Samara! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love 'em all, but my favorite is the 2nd from the bottom. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny! They are super cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these angels are soooo darling. I love what a great big sis Samara is being to Lizzie.
    Mini easter eggs - yum, great reward! A journal for the wrapper? I love it.
    Your babes in snow is so cute. I'm so happy for Samara she got to attend such a great show.
    I love her winter wonderland outfit....Lizzie 18 months already!!? When did that happen?
    I do love that age....she's darling as ever.

    ReplyDelete