Monday, October 31, 2011

Boo! Happy Halloween

Samara wanted us to be the Rapunzel family for Halloween.  When we first put the costume on, I told her she was the cutest Rapunzel.  She replied, "No, the one on the movie is the cutest.  I actually look alot more like the kid Rapunzel from the movie."  Later I saw her tipping her head back trying to make her hair touch the floor, as she muttered, "I just need my hair to go all the way to ground."

Lizzie was pascal.  Poor thing was sicker than sick last week and still isn't feeling that well.  She wants to be held all the time so she wasn't happy about posing for a picture.  But she's so cute even when she is crying.

Lizzie was getting in Samara's stuff.  Samara called out, "Can you please come get this pascal?  The real pascal would NOT get into Rapunzel's stuff. "


We went to a healthy trunk-or-treat this afternoon.  All the treats had to be healthy, i.e., no refined sugars, dyes, GMOs, etc.  There were games and prizes at each trunk.  It was great.

Then it was time to go home.  "Rapuzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!" says Mother Gothel.  Samara, however, wanted to go home with her cousin Sariah and I told her, "No, not today."  To which Samara replied, "Uh!!!  You are mean.  If you don't let me go then you are the real Mother Gothel!  Really you are.  I want Cheryl back.  I just have to go home with Sariah."  Ha!  No flair for the dramatics at our house.

 Still not wanting to have a photo taken

"I am not afraid to use this!" 

Lizzie's a little happier now.

Lizzie is also really getting into character.  She loves sticking out her tongue.  One may say it's because she's teething but I know it's really to catch bugs.

My SIL threw a fabulous Halloween party on Saturday.  The theme was Cowboys and Indians and it was held at Sundance Resort.  The food was delicious and it was fun to get out and meet new people.  Giddy up!  Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

  1. ooohhh I just love the love the wig and pan for the Rapunzel costume, sooo cule. And the cutest frog ever, anyway.
    But you gus just rock, what a great couple. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Lizzie is darling even when she's crying. And every word out of Samara's mouth cracks me up! The frying pan is the perfect touch. I wanna see you in your Mother Gothel costume...

    And the healthy trick or treating is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have a picture of you guys dressed up for Samara's first Halloween! I remember you were Snoopy!! You guys look awesome, and Lizzie and Samar are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed you today! These are so cute and I love how much Samara got into her role! The picture with the frying pan is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the costumes! And the fact that Lizzie sticks out her tongue just like Pascal!

    I don't know why blogger won't let me post under my name, but this is Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ethan "Cool!"

    Ella "Awesome costume! I like the great pictures."

    Zadian "Samara you look cute in Tangled."

    Niko "She looks cool. She have a frying pan. That's all. I miss her."

    ReplyDelete
  7. How was it to have a crisp, cool Halloween? Probably haven't felt that in a while! I love your costume...Perfect for Sundance...Everyone misses the Bikmans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you & Ben dressed up! You look fabulous! How cute is Samara's attitude! Just remember how CLEVER you are when she says you're mean. In fact, I think you should say, I may be mean but I'm clever too. ;)

    Although, it sounds like Samara is a clever girl too!

    ReplyDelete