These little piggies are on the move.
Lizzie could not be happier or more proud of her new abilities. But can you guess what her favorite destination is?
C'est Moi! She's been so determined to move independently only find her way back to my arms. I feel like a million bucks whenever she crawls over to me and pulls herself to stand, wanting to be held. It's so fun to see her sweet little personality develop.
I started this post earlier this week but blogger has been down for a couple of days so I wasn't able to post it. Then today Ben got a job offer from BYU. The universe was trying to tell us something.
Ben accepted a position as a professor in the Physiology and Developmental Biology Department. We are thrilled and grateful.
We have a month to pack up and get to the states for my sister-in-law's wedding. It's going to be hectic trying to fit 1,000 sq feet into suitcases and a few bins that we'll ship. We have loved our time in Singapore and will be forever grateful for the adventures and lessons we've learned. It will be very hard to say good-bye. But we are thrilled to move on to the next step in life. Anyone whose been (or been married to) a doctoral or med student knows what a long (but good) road it is. We are looking forward to our new adventures and being near our families again. I know we will dearly miss SE Asia. It's an amazing part of the world and we feel so lucky to have been able to explore so much of it. But it's time to get serious about retirement so we can make our way back to Thailand! We'll probably have to change the blog name soon to "Awaiting Tropical Adventures."



Congratulations Ben and Cheryl! You have been so patient waiting for the perfect opportunity to continue Ben's career. Right now you are probably in awe of what is going to transpire in one month, coupled with sorting and packing, followed by difficult, heart thumping goodbyes to all you have grown to admire, respect and love. You will always carry Asia in your hearts, in how you choose to raise your daughters, your broadened point of view on life and what is important. You will continue to do good deeds, charm people with your friendliness, continue your interests and photography. It will just be "high on a mountain top." I am both jubilant and sorrowful for you...such an honor to receive this professorship and so hard to say goodbye to a life style that is second nature to the four of you. You will be able to blend the best of two worlds in your own unique family. Yes, you might need to change the name of your blog, but not for now!! Thank you for letting me know of this opportunity. The wait is now over....wish I were there to give you a hand. Smiles and Tears, Sharon
ReplyDeleteYea! on to the next adventure! Such good news to hear... and congrats on your recent anniversary :)
ReplyDeleteCheryl! I'm so excited for you guys! That is the perfect spot for your family. I'm sure your thrilled to be back close to your family. I'll be curious to see how Samara adapts back to "American Life" Happy Packing!
ReplyDeleteWOW! That is awesome! Professor at BYU is probably a dream come true. It would be for me (had I actually continued for a doctorate). That rocks! Moving stinks though, we're doing it too this month. We'll be thinking of you... Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteNOOOOOOO...! Another one of my favorite people in Singapore is moving?! C'mon you're killing me!
ReplyDeleteOn a happier note though, Lizzie is too cute for words!
CHERYL!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Ben for getting the job, but we will be so sad to lose you:(
I was excited to start Singapore life with you!
I'm happy for this next stage and what it will bring for your darling little fam. Please let me know what I can do to help in the next few weeks to help you get packed up, etc. I have lots of free time and would love to do anything, from watching Samara & Lizzie, packing, or whatever. PLEASE USE ME!
And, these pictures of Lizzie are to die for!
Much Love,
Jane Moore
I love Lizzie's eyes! She is gorgeous, and these pictures show it.
ReplyDeleteAnd, we are so happy for you about BYU!!!
but we will miss you. oh. so. much.
WELCOME BACK! HOW EXCITING!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new job! I'm sure the adventures in Singapore will remain dear to your heart. Can't wait to see you and your beautiful girls. ;) (cindy)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Ben! I am so excited for you guys!! We have to get together when you get back! YAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited you're coming back! Ura!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Congrats to Ben that is a HUGE accomplishment! (Jer says Ben is old and fragile, so he'd be more than willing to come help move boxes ;) do you know where you will be living yet? I can't wait to get together for playdates agian!!! YAY! Although I know how sad it is to leave SE Asia, we are happy to be close again.
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo! Now you'll only be 2,000 miles away from us!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable. Congrats on the job and good luck with the move!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to read that Ben got a position at BYU!! You guys will be much closer!! good luck with packing and moving. can't wait to see you all here in Utah!!
ReplyDelete