To say, "Samara loves to draw" is a big understatement. We bought 6 reams of paper to prop the bed up when Lizzie was breech in an effort to get her to turn. I wondered what on earth we'd do with all the paper. We only have two left. Samara has developed certain rules about her drawing. Both sides of a sheet of paper absolutely cannot be used. Once you draw something anything on one side, it's spoiled. She draws for everyone and while doing everything. I love seeing her drawings develop and change.
Last week she was really into drawing families. Here is our family:
On the left is our current family. To the right is who she hopes to add to our family--a brother (Little Kicker (her baby cousin's nickname) and a pet cat.
She brought this picture to me the same day and I asked whose family it was. She looked at me confused and very matter-of-factly said, "It's not a family. It's, you know, a boy-girl pattern."
Silly me! How did I not know that?! Boy-girl patterns: it's what all the kids are drawing these days. (You'll notice how there really is a pattern--long hair, short hair, long hair...) So cute!


this is way too dang cute. isn't it always amazing to see how their minds work at that age? sometimes really i think adults think less about things than kids do. that's really impressive that she is already recognizing/constructing patterns. i mean, that's pretty in depth stuff for little people when you think about it. so, when are you going to announce 'little kicker's' arrival? lizzie can hold her head up by herself now, so in some circles that means you can start thinking about having another one.... :) just kidding.
ReplyDeleteOkay, this is so great. You HAVE to put this in the special keep-it-forever box. I think my favorite is the very 1st one on the far left. I love how she writes her name.
ReplyDeleteMan, she is a sharp cookie! Love the pattern!
ReplyDeleteLove the 'R's. Reminds me of H2O molecule. I wish I had a signature way of writing a letter; is 'too messy to be the same twice in a row' a style?
ReplyDeleteI love that Cheryl! Too cute.
ReplyDeleteSmartie!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete