I have a confession to make. That nesting instinct women always talk about, you know where they accomplish incredible cleaning and organization feats before their offspring arrive, I don't have it. My instincts are telling me SLEEP WHILE YOU CAN!!!! Be honest--do you really choose cleaning over taking a nap?
I also have a STRONG instinct leading me towards this:
I lived off Chubby Hubby when I was pregnant with Samara. I'd wait until it went it went on sale (2 for $6.00) at the Food Lion and then stock up. Now, I'd buy out the whole store at the regular price of $3.49/pint. It's $13.90 here for one pint. Every June there is an island-wide sale called the Great Singapore Sale. Today, I noticed Ben and Jerry's pints are on sale 2 for $20.10. What a steal. I may just have to buy myself a couple of pints. At that price, I am practically taking away stock shares from Jerry. My plan is to eat one bite a day until the baby arrives. Though in the end, the "consume it all-in-one-sitting" scenario will likely win out.
Stop. I just remembered that I cleaned off my computer desk last week...that definitely counts as nesting, right?

I say definetely get as much sleep while you come the nesting will come soon enough when you're too uncomfortable to sleep if not that's okay too. the bean museum was fun they had fun bowling too but the batteries died so I couldn't get any pics.
ReplyDeleteI never nested either. But then I didn't nap after the girls were born. I just cleaned up all their spit-up. My dad still says, "forget about the cleaning, just take a nap." But my OCD wins out over napping almost every time. When you come back to the states I will have an entire freezer full of chubby hubby for you if you will be my neighbor.
ReplyDeleteLike Kimberly said, if I could comfortably sleep, I might choose that over cleaning, but since I can't, I'm cleaning out drawers and closets so I don't feel so overwhelmed with all the extra stuff everywhere. I've also eaten my fair share of chocolate this pregnancy, but not the cold kind. . .anything hot and gooey for me! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're so much smarter than me. I would so go for the sleep too. Although I rearrange 2 rooms of furniture a week and a half before I had Emily because I got tired of waiting on Ryan to move it & he never did.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have a problem-you can't live more places than one at a given time-can I get first dibs on you being my neighbor?
It's gotta be the 2nd baby! =0) We're dealing with the same dilemma! Ha ha!!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I just saw Chubby Hubby for $2.50 at Wal-mart. I know you can't wait to get back to the states so you don't have to spend a fortune on groceries!
ReplyDeleteYes, sleep all you can! I've never been in to the nesting thing either. Sleep is SO much better!
Yes ma'am. Ice cream and sleep. Go for it.
ReplyDeleteIf you move next to me, i will make you homemade ice cream. and brownies. and grits.
ReplyDeleteCheryl, you are so funny! I did a lot of nesting both times I was pregnant. what I found out- it is exhausting, so, just rest. After all, it's not worth it, because once the baby is here you'll wish you spend more time taking naps.
ReplyDeletelol! I wasn't a nester either. . . I kept waiting for it to come but it didn't until a few months after the baby was born. (I think I was just excited to be able to clean without rubbing my belly on everything or panting out of breath just to bend over.) That ice cream sounds amazing. . . I haven't tried that flavor yet. . . guess I know where I'm headed this afternoon. :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it interesting that the most comments you get is on a posting about Ben and Jerry's ice cream? A little analysis please.
ReplyDelete