Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cougar Run

BYU homecoming was this weekend.  The game was a huge disappointment.  
But spending time with out-of-town family made up for it.

Samara did the Cougar Run for the 2nd year.  I lugged my camera both years.  Last year I didn't pack my memory cards and this year my battery was dead.  Thankfully Ben had his phone.  Lizzie brought Samara's "niece" to cheer her on.  Next year Lizzie will probably do the race too.

Seeing the kids lined up brings tears to my eyes.  They are so cute!

Samara finished the 400M race in 2 min 29 seconds, a 10 minute mile pace--much faster than I can do right now.  Go Samara!

She was so serious while she was running but very happy to see us at the end.  And we were all so proud and glad to see her.

Two cute cousins at the finish line. 

5 comments:

  1. Want to hear something crazy? I saw this post, as I was opening it I thought... oh my cousin ran that. And as I'm looking at your pictures... she and her daughter are totally in the one with all the kids lined up! (She's the one with the concerned look on her face, and her daughter is right in front of her). Crazy! Glad you had a great time. Seeing these pictures makes me miss Provo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cute cousins photo at the end. That is SO Samara to be serious. Tell her congrats from her Singapore family! And look at lizzie all bundled up in a fleece, what a darling cheerleader sister she is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this? I want Elsie to run this some day with her (big) little cousins!

    ReplyDelete