Kindergarten. A big milestone that came too fast.
Samara has newly painted toes
for her new school shoes.
Good thing we put off buying a backpack because only tote bags are allowed in Kindergarten. Her teacher seems great. She's making new friends. There is even a little girl in the class named Samaya. What are the odds of that?
Samara started pre-school 3 days fresh off the plane from Singapore and didn't bat an eyelash. But she's worried more this year and definitely had an adjustment period. But I can tell by the happy smile that greets me when I pick her up, that she is settling nicely into school.
I have to admit that even though we've been going through the routine for weeks now, I get choked up every day when I squeeze her hand to say goodbye and watch her walk into the classroom. And Lizzie never forgets to do their little fingershake. I told Samara I was sad she was all grown up already. She corrected me, "Um. I'm not all grown up. There are still two more steps before that, teenager and adult." Phew! I still have some time.
She is excited about the new family member that will join us this school year. That's baby brother "swaddled" in my arms. I really like that I am taller than Ben. I was going to include this picture in the last post but my brain is on a 24-hr time delay.






I'm so glad she is enjoying school, Cheryl! Sweet pictures - yours and hers!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post Cheryl! When DID Samara get so big? I love the sidewalk photo.
ReplyDeleteThe one of her with tote bag is really precious, it reminds me of the lyrics
from Mama Mia, "school bag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning....
with an absent minded smile...slipping through my fingers...." YES these are
the golden years of mothering and I am so glad you are enjoying it all! Kisses
and hugs to your Samara and Lizzie! And look at her long curls!!
Samara looks so beautiful (from head to toes....). :) I'm so happy you are posting again!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!! Samara is beautiful! And with every post I read about her I just want to hang out with her!She is such a smart and funny girl!! I really can see her and Nat being good friends! Love the chalk picture.
ReplyDelete