Sunday, August 28, 2011

Visitors

We've been able to see all our siblings and their families and so many of our close friends since moving back.  Utah is a great hub for catching up and we already know that will be a big perk of living here.  Did I get pictures of everyone? No, but I did at least get a few with our visitors from farthest away.
 Ellie and Juju, along with their family, came to Singapore for a couple months after the earthquake in Japan.  Samara connected so easily with them and they quickly became best friends.  Their mom also became a dear friend to me.  They were a blessing for us and came at a time when Samara really needed some playmates.  I've never seen Samara so genuinely sad as when they were leaving to go back to Japan.  We parted ways during rush hour at a crowded train interchange.  Samara was crying almost uncontrollably.  We had to wait a while for our train and she settled down once it came.  We squeezed ourselves onto our no-room-to-breathe train and Lizzie started crying.  Samara cried out, "See.  Lizzie is upset too.  She didn't want them to leave either!"

And how cute is little brother Noah?!  We love this awesome family!  We are so glad we got to see them and hope we can visit them in Japan someday.

2 comments:

  1. That first photo is ADORABLE! :) I'm not sure if I've ever seen Samara that happy! She is beaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! If you are going all the way to Japan, you might as well come to Sg right??!!!

    ReplyDelete