Monday, April 4, 2011

The Squatty Potty

This is what Samara affectionately calls the squatty potty.  "I can go in the squatty potty." She often brags.  Still, we avoid them whenever possible.
The morning we left for Bali I woke up with a bladder infection.  Only my second one ever and they stink! We somehow lucked out with seats at the front of the plane making my frequent trips to the toilet more feasible.  We got off the plane, got our visas, and it was time to hit the loo again.  Samara had to go as well, so I took her with me while Ben waited for the bags.   When we got to the bathroom Samara said, "I have to go poop!"  I  helped her on the toilet.  I  HAD to go so I was left with no other choice but the squatty potty.  Not an easy task with baby Lizzie strapped to me in the Bjorn.  Samara's door was not closed since I'd helped her on the toilet.  I hear Samara yell out, "Don't look at me when I'm going poop!" Oh my.  Apparently, some poor woman walked past her stall.  She tried to avoid eye contact and hurry out when I came out of my stall.  I tried to hold Samara's stall closed with my foot to give her some privacy.  "Mom, how can I go poop if I can still see your toes?  I need privacy."  It was a glamorous start to our holiday! And I think I deserve the mom-of-the-year award for giving up the regular toilet to my child.

But don't think this bathroom experience was all peaches and cream ... my squatty potty was NOT nearly this nice.  I stole this from Jessie's blog.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Too funny! Wesley said something similar to me the other day. I was peeking through the crack in the stall to see what was taking so long when we shouts," MOM! Turn around! It's not going to be pretty!" He got a few chuckles from other ladies in the bathroom.

    Oh, and I only used a squat toilet once, in Thailand, at the Big Buddha, and once was enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeewww. Who on earth would put a potty like this anywhere? you definitely get the mom of the year award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A female urinal? I think I could have lived without knowing those existed. You are brave and kind to give up your toilet for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I can't relate to giving a child an American/European toilet, while taking the squatty potty, but I can relate to the squatty potty when traveling abroad. I never got the hang of it and only came out wet all over!!!! From Germany to Asia it was all the same!! One hasn't really traveled until they have experienced this way of relieving Mother Nature!!!

    ReplyDelete