We told our tour guide how amazed we were when we saw that our hotel offered an hour massages for $15. He said that it was only $6 at the massage places in the city and said they'd take us to a great place. We took Friday off from visiting the temples. In the morning, off the girls went while the kiddos played with their papas. When our driver pulled up here we were a wee bit concerned. The place looked a little too much like one you'd expect offered massages for $6. We were a bit worried that the construction noise would not facilitate a relaxing atmosphere. Once inside, we were all put in one room that was peachish and somewhat resembled a prison. We sported some matching western-sized tees and PJ pants. After some challenges communicating, our three masseuses came ready for stretching and pulling and slapping. They moved right to the beat of the construction noise. It was my first thai-style massage and I loved it. We all felt limber and relaxed afterwards and were glad we stayed.
It's never boring traveling in SE Asia and we'll be chuckling about this for a long time!

Cheryl thank you for alerting me to your newly posted blogs. I felt like you wrote them just for me (now that is vanity for you.) You have to be a bit overwhelmed with so many amazing experiences and trying to capture it all while being mommy to two adorable daughters. I will reread these writing and ah over the photos many times. You have some gorgeous photographs and your writing is always so informative. I do appreciate your end information...so helpful for us as we follow in your foot prints. I will write more later as a letter. Thank you for taking the time to post and write. I know it takes great effort. Smiles: Sharon
ReplyDeleteHave you ever seen the Hostel? I would have been scared to go into that building for an inexpensive massage and I saw the edited version of the movie. Still, a massage does sound pretty good right now.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Beautiful photos and appreciate the useful info! I will definitely be referencing this blog post when we are ready for our trip there! I don't think I will be headed to the 6 dolla massage place though :)
ReplyDelete