Samara started dance class last week. The class is called "baby ballet" but don't let her hear you refer to it as that. "It's big girl ballet!" The photos are from week two and sadly the teacher wouldn't let me come in to photograph. So, these were taken through the tiny viewing window and some are just reflections from the mirror. It was semi-torturous not being able to go in to get the shots I wanted. Hopefully, they'll have a recital or parents' day or I can find a way to bribe the teacher. I am not being cheeky, but I truly wonder will delicious cookies do the trick?
I got all teary-eyed watching her the first week. She seemed so grown up. Not long ago we couldn't even get her to go to nursery class. The first week she kissed me goodbye and went and sat in her place. She listened very intently and tried to follow everything. It breaks my heart how fast she is growing up.
Honestly, how completely adorable are all these little girls?!? I am pretty sure Samara is the youngest in the class as she is definitely the shortest. The highlight is when the teacher tries to have them hop on one-leg. Only one girl can do it and they all fall and crash into each other and the wall. It is adorably hilarious. Samara didn't even try this week. She just walked back and forth. She told me after class, "Ya, mom. You know the dance teacher? She told us to hop on one leg but I just walked. Why did I?"
After week one, the teacher told me Samara listened and followed instructions very well and that she was quiet. Quiet?!? She must have really been concentrating. No one has ever accused her of being quiet. I constantly get comments about what a chatterbox she is. In fact, the taxi driver today asked me four times more than once if she always talked that much, ever stopped talking, etc. As we were nearing the condo, he looked at the trip calculator to see the exact time we started the trip and said, "She's been talking for 18 minutes straight. It will be 20 minutes by the time we stop." Thanks, Uncle. You're no mute yourself.





that's kinda funny. she's too cute. it looks like fun can't wait to see you guys again and see her dance for us.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable! And about the teacher not wanting you to take pictures....that's Singapore for you huh?! "No you may not take pictures of your child during this milestone in her life but please don't mind if I grab her and rub and pinch her cheeks while my kids and I pose with her for a personal picture!"
ReplyDeleteYes that IS the cutest!! Om word! and can't tell at all that you weren't right there.
ReplyDeleteIt is said, that they grow so fast. Please don't remind me.
LOVE the images.
I LOVE that she is blonde/Caucasion among of her Asian friends. I think it is something she'll remember and you guys will forever.
I like looking at my sister's Hula pictures when we were in Hawaii and same thing, tall blonde girl over there with all the locals. So sweet!
LOVE these pictures! She is too adorable. I'm so glad she likes dance class.
ReplyDeleteThat last picture is one that makes you a bit teary-eyed. A doll in one hand, dance shoes in the other, kind of like being caught in between... I loved the post about the zoo and the llamas. Those guys are pretty freaky-deaky. And the pictures of the beach, especially the one with the kite, are too die for. I am so glad you are taking awesome photos of these great times. Did you have fun with J-Rod?
ReplyDeleteThose shots turned out great. Just imagine what you could get if that teacher would just let you in, already! BTW, I don't think ballerinas eat cookies. Perhaps you bribe her with celery sticks?
ReplyDeleteOh Cheryl, these pictures are gorgeous! Through a window? You've got some serious skill.
ReplyDeleteShe is the cutest one in there! Talk about concentration too! She looks so serious!! The photos look awesome too! You are so stinkin' talented with the camera! =0)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! These pictures are beautiful! I can't believe you got these through the tiny window! WOW! Samara is darling!
ReplyDeletethose are amazing pictures! You are so talented! WOW
ReplyDeleteI realized I never commented on this. I LOVE your pictures - I would have never guessed they were taken through a tiny window. Samara looks priceless - listening intently and just being cute. :) You should seriously enter that last shot into some sort of contest - it's amazing.
ReplyDeleteThose shots are adorable!! Samara is super cute in a tutu!
ReplyDelete