If you haven't heard, we are having another baby. Our lack of announcement does not indicate a lack of excitement. We are SO thrilled to be a family of four. We had a miscarriage scare and wanted to wait until we were back in Singapore and had been to the doctor to announce anything. Then it was just a little over a month until finding out what we were having so we thought it would be fun to wait until we knew the gender to announce it. We were all so convinced the baby was a boy so it's still sinking in that we are having another girl.
At first, Samara really wanted a sister/girl baby. However, the last two months she has really started wanting a brother. She's been calling the baby a 'he' and referring to the baby by the boy name we had picked out. When we found out today and asked her how she felt. She said, "Well, I just like brother babies sometimes too." She is very anxious and asks most days if the baby can come out yet. According to her, the baby will live off milk and tortillas once she is born.
We are naming her Elizabeth Helen. We both love the name Elizabeth. Helen is after Ben's maternal grandmother, whom we love and admire. If you met her you'd probably decide to name your next child after her too. She is an amazing woman.
Everything looked great on the ultrasound and little Lizzie is measuring right on schedule. She's due July 23rd. I am hoping for a Pioneer Day baby (July 24th. :)).
We are so excited! Having the ultrasound, confirming the baby looks healthy and is growing well, and finding out the baby is girl has made it all seem so much more real. We can't wait to meet her in person and to have two cute girls, Mara and Lizzie!
Her first of many photos

Yay!!! Congrats to you all! I am so excited for little Samara to be a big sister. She will be so good at it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so surprised! I am excited about it being little lizzy-I love that! Glad y'all finally announced it-I was having a hard time containing my excitement!
ReplyDeleteThat's GREAT! I am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats. that's very exciting.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS honey!!! love the ultrasound photo. how's the healthcare there? who do you see? (random MD, a physician for ex-pats, or is there one with Ben's program there?) and Happy Birthday to the cutest little babycakes - she is three?!! where does the time go? xo Di
ReplyDeleteyay congrats! your family will look even better with your new addition in July!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I am so excited for all of you! I remember Natalie wanting to see the baby and asking if she could come out yet I was pregnant with Anna. I love the name you guys picked out! You will love having two girls!! Happy Birthday to Samara! I love the photos you took of Samara!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! Congratulations!! That is such wonderful news and perfect timing!! =0) Seriously, I wanted a little girl at first so Gabby could have a sister close in age. However, I think we'll be happy with a little boy!! Ha ha!! Congrats again and hope everything goes smoothly!!! =0)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! I was just wondering the other day when you guys were going to find out. That is so exciting! I'm so glad everything is going well. Are you going to stay and have the baby in Singapore?
ReplyDeleteSuper congrats!! That is SO exciting and I'm thrilled for you! You'll have to tell me how it is delivering overseas..they'll probably spoil you rotten! Love you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats guys!! You made one beautiful girl already, so I know you will make another one!!! We are SO happy for you! Happy b-day Samara!
ReplyDeleteCongrats guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.You are great parents.
ReplyDeleteOh Cheryl, I'm so happy for you guys! Hooray! Who's your doctor? How has your pregnancy been? Congrats again!!!
ReplyDeleteYea!!! And you don't have to buy a new set of clothes either! I love the name you picked out. Helen has long been on my list of names for the same reason.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I was wondering when you'd make an official announcement! :)
ReplyDeleteWOO HOO!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm tickled to death for all of you. Missy Prissy will help you take good care of her, I'm sure!
YAY!!! How exciting! Congrats congrats congrats!!! Hope your feeling good!
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME!!! YEAH!!. I understand the waiting thing. That is neat that you are going to be a family of four, I know how you want it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
Congratulations! You're already half way through? She'll be here before you know it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! Can't wait to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Cheryl! I read this yesterday but didn't have time to tell you how excited I am for you. That is awesome. Girls are so much fun.
ReplyDeleteYay! Congratulations Cheryl. That is so exciting!! Samara will love having a sister. Mara and Lizzie - I love it!
ReplyDeleteПоздравляю мои дорогие с еще одной девочкой!!!и с прошедшим днем рожденья вашей Самарочки!!!всего вам самого хорошего!!! и много много счастья!!!люблю вас!!
ReplyDelete