Monday, November 2, 2009

Carnival Fun

Every six weeks or so on the field in front of the mall, they set up this big white tent. Inside the tent is a market of food and cheap stuff and outside are some old crusty rides. It stays for about a month then they take it all down and replant the grass. Once the grass is re grown its time to set it back up again. Amazing how stuff grows here. Not super efficient but I suppose they are taking advantage of the cheap labor. Ben always gets excited when they are setting it up. I asked him why he was so excited this last time since we never really go buy anything and the food is smelly and swimming in grease. He didn't really have a reply so there must just be something about fairs and markets that simply imbues excitement.
Photobucket
It sure did for this little one anyway. Seeing as Samara is up to date on her tetanus shots, we decided to hit the rides one evening when she'd had a late nap. She loved it. The swings were first.

Photobucket
Then it was on to the train.

Photobucket
I could kiss those cheeks all day long and will as long as she lets me.

Photobucket
Last was the hot air balloon ride, which she also loved. At $3/ride (you'd think they had these suckers paid for a long time ago) we were out of change at that point. It was all she talked about for the next few days whenever we'd have to go across the street so, thankfully, it was time for the market to come down a week later.

5 comments:

  1. You just keep amazing me. I love these pictures. And that youngun is so cute I can't stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pictures! She looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics Cheryl...you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still laughing over your tetanus comment! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Once again, love the pics. It is great to read about all of your travels; Samara is going to be able to navigate the world by the age of 5.

    ReplyDelete