Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Capture Photography

In case the mass amounts of photos on the blog don't give it away, I rather enjoy snapping away with the old camera. It is something I have loved since I was a teenager. I meddled with doing it for others some before we moved from Utah. Then we had a very hectic few years and a non-functioning camera and it got put on the back burner. One of the biggest blessings of moving to Singapore has been renewing this interest. I have learned heaps since I bought my new camera in May but am constantly amazed how much more there is to learn.

I worked on a photography website over the summer and recently created a photography blog. It's kept me up late at night and very busy, which is good--keeps my mind off the barren womb. I've meant to make a post about the site/blog for a while. I've started having a few sessions and am going to be able to do the photos for Samara's Kindermusik and basically trade the service for the fees. This is a great blessing. Hopefully, I'll earn enough for swim lessons and pre-school too then the rest goes to traveling. :) I've already started enjoying taxi rides to church and I'll never go back. One hour vs. fifteen minutes. Wonderful.

8 comments:

  1. Cheryl! You're site looks so awesome! Your pictures are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cheryl! Those are some great pictures. I've always noticed your photos are top notch on your blog. Awesome. Out of curiosity, what type of camera and photo editing software do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented Cheryl! And what a fun/awesome talent to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'm glad that I got on blogger for the first time in forever today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been noticing the really awesome photos lately. You have a great eye! If you ever come back, you can take a picture of us! I'll trade you cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Beautiful, gorgeous, wish you were here"

    Unbelievable beautiful. You are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's try "unbelievably" instead of "unbelievable"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing great!! I want to learn more and more too, and then have the time to do it. Love reading your blog girle. I'm envious all of your learning and doing. Loves,
    ~Hope

    ReplyDelete