The older people especially loved being photographed and seemed quite flattered when Debbie or I would ask them if we could take their photo.
I learned on my walk that you can tell if the person is from the south or the north, which are apparently very different from one another, by the way they wear their saris and their jewelry. I also learned in their culture it is immodest to have legs showing but not midriffs, which makes sense since their saris show off the midriffs and fully cover their legs.
I think the way they mark their foreheads also indicates where they are from.
They were so much easier to photograph than busy kids. I didn't even need to pose them. They were already posed perfectly.
I loved the colors in her clothes.
I went up into the stands to get a photo of the whole fire pit and was in front of this gentleman. When I was leaving he asked if I was going to take his photo so I did, of course. Sometimes when an Indian will ask to take Samara's photo he/she will ask if I want it emailed to me to which I think, "why on earth would I want your camera phone picture of her glaring at you?" Anyway, he wanted to see it after I took it so I said I'd email it to him. Maybe he didn't have an email address but he had the same reaction I do and did not want me to email it to him.
This cute lady turned and posed for us when we came up. We had wanted to get a photo of the pretty flowers in her hair so we asked if we could take one of her hair too. She and her friends then started to giggle and they teased her, "they wanted a photo of your flowers and you turned and posed." It was quite funny. Of course, things have a way of seeming funny at 4 AM.
Wow, you are totally right! I completely forgot you were a Canon user after a few minutes and I treated you as an equal ;)
ReplyDeleteJust to be CLEAR...when I said I liked some of your photos better than mine in your other post...I am crediting your photography skills...NOT your camera! Just imagine how they could have turned out if you'd been shooting with a Nikon!
Y'all won't believe this but we have a Canon (me) and a Nikon (Kelly) living right here UNDER THE SAME ROOF! Gasp! And some of my best friends are Nikon users.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos, girl!