
Samara has never been good at just setting something down by herself. When she was an infant and would be sitting in her car seat, she'd fuss and fuss if she wanted to get rid of a toy because she wanted me to take it instead of just setting it down. She is still like this and I'm constantly saying things "like my hands are full" or "I don't have any free hands, please just set it down". One of Samara's jobs is calling the elevator whenever we are going somewhere. One day last month we were headed down for a swim with our nieces. We were all getting our shoes on and I sent her out the door loaded up with all her swim stuff to call the elevator. We then heard her yell from the hallway, "Help, help! Can someone else push the button? I don't have any free hands." Her stressed out dramatic tone made it all the funnier. Now I know that she does indeed listen to me.
Why do they always not care what you say until they can turn it around & use it for themselves (then they still don't care when you say it!)
ReplyDeleteThat picture is priceless. She is so adorable :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! It's amazing what "we" sound like! Our kids are perfect parrots!
ReplyDelete