Sunday, May 10, 2009

Samarak Cultural Village

The first afternoon we went to the Samarak Cultural Village , which is a living museum that depicts the heritage of the major racial groups in Saramak (the state we visited in Borneo) and portrays their way of life.  I believe there were 10 different longhouses to visit each depicting a different group from the area.


The Entrance

The bridge of death.  Notice how my hair is always looking a lot like Hermione's?  If I had an outlet in my bathroom maybe I would use my flat iron and do my hair.

A demonstration in one of the houses showing how to make dart guns.

An individual family's apartment

The common area

They also have performances twice a day.

Wowee!

Observing

Performing

Mad she can't go up this wacky latter by herself

Playing music with the girls

Doing the sign for scared

No comments:

Post a Comment