Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter


We hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I love Easter. I think it's my favorite holiday after Christmas. What a miracle Christ's Resurrection is. I love what it means for all of us. The Easter I spent on my mission was very memorable for me and since my dad's passing Easter holds all the more meaning. Conference was delayed a week here so we didn't have church and enjoyed a nice day at home, listening to conference on the internet and being visited by the Easter Bunny.



We watched the Charlie Brown Easter movie and colored eggs while Ben was at the Priesthood Session. Samara loved it. She's obsessed with eggs because that's what daddy puts in pancakes and wants to buy them every time we go to the store. So she was thrilled we got to make a special trip to the store just to buy eggs.

Yes, we're 'those parents' and picked up her eggs for her because they were still wet and we didn't want her to stain her dress. We had to use food coloring and vinegar so the color was strong. And don't artificial colors cause autism or something like that?

Candies, of course! No refined sugar or artificial colors added.
Kim, do you recognize the sandals?





We found mini-eggs here. They were $3.90 for 100 g--so that's like 25 eggs. They were also from New Zealand and the shell was different. It was shinny and crispier and just didn't compliment the chocolate as well. Someone pleeeeeeaaaase tell me they haven't changed the shell in the states too?????? We only bought two bags. They don't put stuff on sale after the holiday ends so no stocking up either but that's probably for the best. One year after Easter was over we stocked up. We bought 11 of the huge family size bags (this was mind you after eating a lot before Easter) to freeze them and have a bag a month. We'll instead of a bag a month we ate all the bags in ONE month. That's what I'd have for dinner most nights after getting home from teaching skiing. We just couldn't stop. Conversely, we developed all sorts of weird health problems. Among other things, I got terrible eczema on my eye lids so I could barely open them. My brother told me it was a good thing I was already married. My niece asked why that happened. I, wanting to teach her a valuable lesson, told her it was because I had eaten way too much sugar. To which she replied, we'll why didn't you just brush your teeth afterwards? If only over consumption of sugar could be solved by brushing your teeth. We swore off sugar and couldn't eat it for several months afterwards. I don't recommend a mini-egg diet even though they are the best candy ever.

5 comments:

  1. Mini eggs are the best! I'm glad to know though about the weird health problems, so let me put this little mini egg down right now. ha ha! Samara is so beautiful in her little red dress. Love the pigtails too!! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love all the pictures, so post away!!! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Samara's little pigtails. The colors on the dyed eggs are so vibrant-very pretty. You have quite the little artist on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE in the red dress!!

    By the way, I just broke out in fatness after eating so much sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No the mini eggs here are just the same as you'll remember when you eat them again. What a cutie!! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete